Our Community Dogs/ Application
If you own a dog or dogs, you should be aware of the following:
- Every dog needs a license. Licenses become due on the first day of January of each year.
- License fees are reduced if the dog is spayed or neutered.
- Dogs can be licensed at any time if acquired after the first day of January.
- The dog tag provided by the Village office needs to be securely fastened to the dog's collar.
- Not more than two dogs are allowed at the same time.
- No owner shall permit a dog to be anywhere other than on the owner’s premises without a tag unless the dog is under the control of the owner.
- It is the duty of the Poundkeeper to capture and confine in a pound all dogs found running at large.
- An impounded dog may be redeemed by the owner at any time within three (3) working days of the time of capture, as long as pound fees are paid.
- Any dog which bites any person, whether on private premises or elsewhere, shall be kept under the personal supervision of a licensed veterinary surgeon, at the owner’s expense, until it is certified that all danger of infection has ceased.
- No owner shall allow a dog to annoy the quiet of others anywhere by barking or howling.
- No person shall keep or harbour in the Village of St-Pierre-Jolys a POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS OR VICIOUS DOG regardless of age or breed.
If you have a complaint for a dog or spot a dog running at large after work hours or during the weekend, please contact a member of the council.