Services Parc Carillon
The Parc Carillon is located behind the St-Pierre Recreational Centre. Centrally located, it is a public space for use by all residents and visitors. The Frog Follies National Frog Jumping Competition is held in this park every year as well as many other community and family get-togethers.
In order to make the best use of the space for all ages, the Parc Carillon Committee Inc. (consisting of Village councillors and members of the community) contracted the services of a landscape architect to create a plan for the park's development. Click here to view the master plan.
Every year, a part of this plan is completed:
- Skateboard park
- Playground equipment
- Baseball diamond
- Climbing net
- Canteen: repainted, folding wall, shower, washrooms
- RV parking area with bbq pits (more info below)
- Upgrade to Crow Wing Trail/Trans Canada Trail
- Pedestrian bridge
- Frog Pond with native plants and interpretive panels
- Disc golf course
- Skating rink
- Outdoor Fitness Equipment for 13 and over
- Click here for the suggested circuit for the 11 stations.
- Click here for brochure.
- Go to www.playlsi.com/en/ad/healthbeat for proper use videos.
- Splash Pad: (opened July 1st 2017)
Services are available free of charge, however the park can be reserved for a function at $100 per day. There is also a fee for the campground: $20/night. There are 8 campsites.
Would you be interested in joining the Committee? We have lots of ideas on how to keep improving the park. If you want to join us, contact us at 746-5962.
Did you Know?
The Parc Carillon got its name from the Knights of Columbus - Carillon Council - St-Pierre-Jolys. Carillon is the name of a formal electoral provincial district from 1886 to 1969, predominantly francophone. The Parc Carillon property belonged to Grand Knight Mr. Gerry Roy, who provided it to the community so all residents could benefit from it.