Government Incentive Programs
High Efficient Toilets
It is in the best interest of the Village to take steps which will extend the life of the lagoon.
The High Efficient Toilet Incentive Program is one step that has been taken towards this goal.
(1) The financial assistance program took effect on October 15th, 2011.
(2) Reimbursement to a maximum amount of $50.00 towards the cost of purchase and installation of a high efficiency toilet. A representation of original receipt is required as proof of purchase. Receipt must be dated after the program took effect.
(3) First 100 toilets qualify up to a maximum program cost of $5,000.
Registered owners of a property located in the Village of St.-Pierre-Jolys must retro fit the toilet(s) to low-flush high energy efficient or dual flush type toilet(s) - (8 liters or less), and apply in writing.
New construction is excluded.
Installation of a Sump Pump & Pit Program ** This program is now open, please check again with the office for your rebate**
The Installation of a Sump Pump & Pit Incentive Program is another step that has been taken towards extending the life of the lagoon.
(1) The financial assistance program took effect on June 1st, 2014.
(2) Reimbursement of the total costs to
a maximum amount of $1,000.00 (one thousand dollars) towards the cost of purchase and installation of a sump pit and pump and/or an in-line back water valve.
(3) A representation of original receipt is required as proof of purchase. This will be on a first come first serve basis until all allocated budget funding is depleted.
To qualify for the financial assistance program, all of the following conditions must be met:
(a) The subsidy is not available to any homes that were required by the Manitoba Plumbing Code or the Village’s by-laws to have an in-line backwater valve and/or sump pump/pit at the time of construction.
(b) Registered owner must not be in arrears on any accounts
(c) Registered owner must make application and have property inspected prior to installation.
(d) Registered owner must contact the Village and have the work inspected and approved by the Village Designated Officer upon completion.
(e) Subsidy is not available for the repair or replacement of an existing in-line backwater valve and sump pump/pit.
(f) The subsidy will be provided one time only per property for the purchase and installation of an in-line backwater valve and one time only for the purchase and installation of a sump pump/pit.
In order for a grant to be provided the person eligible must:
(1) Apply in writing for the grant
(2) Provide a copy of the receipt for the purchase and installation of sump pit and pump and/or in-line back water valve.
Property must be located in the Village of St.-Pierre-Jolys.
June 1st is the start date, all receipts to be dated after June 1st.
* New construction excluded.