(1) The financial assistance program takes effect on June 1st, 2014.
(2) Reimbursement of the total costs to
a maximum amount of $2,000.00 (two thousand dollars) towards the cost of purchase and installation of a sump pit and pump installation
or a maximum of $2,000 towards the purchase and installation of a sump pit and pump installation and in-line back water valve
or a maximum of $1,000 for the installation of a in-line back water valve only.
(3) A representation of original receipt is required as proof of purchase. This will be on a first come first serve basis until all allocated budget funding is depleted.
To qualify for the financial assistance program, all of the following conditions must be met:
(a) The subsidy is not available to any homes that were required by the Manitoba Plumbing Code or the Village’s by-laws to have an in-line backwater valve and/or sump pump/pit at the time of construction.
(b) Registered owner must not be in arrears on any accounts
(c) Registered owner must make application and have property inspected prior to installation.
(d) Registered owner must contact the Village and have the work inspected and approved by the Village Designated Officer upon completion.
(e) Subsidy is not available for the repair or replacement of an existing in-line backwater valve and sump pump/pit.
(f) The subsidy will be provided one time only per property for the purchase and installation of an in-line backwater valve and one time only for the purchase and installation of a sump pump/pit.
In order for a grant to be provided the person eligible must:
(1) Apply in writing for the grant
(2) Provide a copy of the receipt for the purchase and installation of sump pit and pump
and/or in-line back water valve.
Property must be located in the Village of St.-Pierre-Jolys.
June 1st is the start date, all receipts to be dated after June 1st.
* New construction excluded.